1 – Warranty
- Upholstered furniture carries a warranty of two years from the date of delivery/collection. The warranty will apply to the frame and craftsmanship and excludes normal wear and tear on the upholstery.
- Timber products carry a warranty of one year from the date of delivery – on the frame and workmanship. If the product is altered or used for any other purpose as it was intended for, the warranty will be void.
- Soft furnishings carry a warranty of six months.
Conditions of the warranty:
- The warranty regarding workmanship and material referred to above are subject to the following:
- The defect must have existed at the time of the delivery – or must have occurred during the stated warranty period.
- The defect must not be a result of normal wear and tear or use/abuse by the customer.
- The product must be used for its original intended purpose in a domestic environment.
- The customer must have complied with special care instructions (see paragraph 3 above) if applicable.
- The customer must present the original invoice before the process can be set in motion.
- The product must have been produced/assembled by Beetroot Inc. or its suppliers in accordance with standard specifications.
2- Exchanging products
Flawed or damaged products returned to Beetroot Inc. will only be considered for exchange if:
- it is returned in an unused condition within 7 working days of purchase or delivery;
- it is accompanied by the original and valid proof of purchase ; and
- the goods are physically returned by the customer (at her/his own expense).
In addition, exchange is subject to:
- verification that the stipulations in paragraph 3 and 4 above have been adhered to (if and when applicable); and
- adherence to all other relevant Beetroot Inc. sales/collection/delivery conditions.
Goods will not be exchanged when:
- imperfections formed part of the design;
- flaws/imperfections were pointed out during the time of purchase;
- the conditions of the warranty were transgressed;
- they form part of a special (personalised) order;
- they have been physically altered or disassembled;
- the consumer has changed her/his mind about the purchase;
- the condition of the stock formed part of the conditions of a sale (for example shop-soiled products); and
- an original invoice could not be provided.
Please note that handling fees may be applicable during exchanges/returns.
Refunds will only be considered within a period of six months after delivery if:
- the product does not comply with the purpose it was intended for;
- the product is fundamentally flawed; and
- an exchange of or repairs to the product are not possible.
Once the product has been checked and a decision has been taken to refund, Beetroot Inc. will:
- verify the banking details of the customer and issue a credit note;
- do a payment within one month after the credit note has been issued;
- pay the money into the verified bank account.
Please note that it may take up to five working days for a payment to reflect in the account.
4 – Limitations of liability
Beetroot Inc. will not be liable for damage or loss suffered as a result of negligence on the part of the customer or acts of the customer that result in damage or loss.